Do you want to learn to become a soccer coach?
Launching in 2020, Queen City FC is announcing an initiative to develop strength in our #QCFamily called the Volunteer Coach Program (for ages U12 and below). With a growing number of athletes joining our programming, we are looking to develop new coaches for the future, while strengthening the ties with our parents and former players.
Our program is looking for parents who want to get involved (or former QC Athletes) and/or learn some introductory tactics and methodology in coaching soccer to help out with trainings. Parents who want to get involved will need to do the following initial commitment (after this process, we will evalute the next steps moving forward):
1) Notify us of your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fill out a Vermont Soccer Association Background Check
3) Attend 1hr classroom seminar with QCFC Director of Coaching, Shane Bufano prior to assisting any trainings
4) Participate in atleast 2 live training sessions or clinics
This program will allow you to learn alongside a Queen City FC Senior Staff member in live player training sessions and/or an organized coaching clinic session. Queen City FC staff will prepare and share their coaching session plans with you prior to trainings and answer any questions you have beforehand. During the session, the staff member will lead the session and ask you to assist in specific areas. The staff member will make coaching points to the players as well as give the volunteer some instruction on coaching methodology in real time. We want the best for our players, while staying true to our club philosophy. Providing opportunities, building trust, and learning from one another is an important way for us to build our community at Queen City FC.
Other benefits include:
- Receive complimentary QCFC gear
- Make a difference in our community
- Help become educated to serve our #QCFamily with quality instruction to help build confidence, technical skill and tactical awareness.